- 1 pound of young kale, well washed
- 8 cloves of garlic, mashed in a garlic press or finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup of water (more may be needed)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- In a large sauté pan or a large pot, heat the oil over a medium heat.
- Add the garlic. Cook until fragrant.
- Add the kale and the water.
- Turn the heat down to low and simmer the greens.
- Stir the kale from time to time.
- Add more water if you have to.
- Cook until the kale is done, the stems will be very tender.
- Add the salt, pepper, and red wine vinegar.