Makes 8-10 servings
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets about 1/4 inch wide
- 1/2 cup toasted, skinned and chopped hazelnuts
- 8 fresh sage leaves, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 large ripe pears, cored and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat, melt the butter until light brown and bubbly.
- Add the cauliflower, hazelnuts, and sage.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and continue cooking, stirring occasionally, until the cauliflower is browned and crisp-tender, 6-7 more minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat. Add the pear slices and parsley. Gently toss to combine and warm the pears. Season to taste with more salt. Serve hot or at room temperature