- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 lbs. very ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped basil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Salt and Pepper
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in heavy skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic and saute 3 minutes, do not brown. Transfer to large nonaluminum bowl. Mix in tomatoes and liquid, remaining 3 tablespoons oil, basil, and vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Let stand 6 hours.
- Just before serving, cook linguine in a large amount of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite. Drain well, transfer to large bowl. Add olive oil and toss well. Add sauce and toss again. Serve with parmesan cheese.