- 3-4 lbs. Beets
- 2 cups vinegar
- 3/4tsp salt
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- Cinnamon sticks
- Whole cloves
- Peel beets – place them first into boiling water and then into cold water and then peel off the skins.
- Slice the beets.
- Put the vinegar, salt, sugar, and water In a large pan and bring to the boil.
- Add sliced beets to the liquid and simmer until the beets are tender about 5-10minutes.
- Place beets into jars.
- Add a cinnamon stick and cloves into the jars and cover with remaining liquid.
- Leave to cool.
- Seal jars and refrigerate. Keeps up to a month in the fridge.