- 4 medium cucumbers
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1/2 small red or white onion, sliced thin
- Wash the cucumbers but do not peel.
- Slice the cucumbers 1/4 inch thick. In a bowl, stir together the vinegar, sugar, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper.
- Stir until the sugar is dissolved.
- Add the cucumber and sliced onion to the bowl.
- Toss well, then cover and refrigerate. Let marinate for a couple of hours, turning occasionally.