Yield: 4 servings
- 1 lb fresh turnip greens
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 hard cooked egg
- 1/3 c. minced green pepper
- 2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 c. chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 2 strips bacon
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- Wash turnip greens thoroughly. Trim off coarse stems. Fry bacon until crisp and remove it from the fat. Save for later use.
- Add onion and green pepper to bacon fat and saute until limp.
- Coarsely chop turnip greens and add to onions and green pepper.
- Stir to mix well. Cover tightly and cook 10-15 minutes, or until tender.
- Add salt, black pepper, sugar and lemon juice. Toss lightly.
- Turn into serving dish and garnish with crisp, crumbled bacon and slices of hard-cooked egg.