- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound small sea scallops, side muscle removed
- Coarse salt
- 1 small onion, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 tbsp grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 pound sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/2 tsp Asian garlic chili sauce
- 1/2 cup loosely packed fresh cilantro leaves
- In a large (12-inch) nonstick skillet over high heat, warm oil, about 1 minute; swirl to coat bottom of pan evenly. Add scallops, flat sides down, and cook until browned on both sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Season with salt. Transfer to a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add onion; cook, stirring until browned, 1 to 2 minutes. Add ginger, sugar snap peas and 1/2 cup water; cook, stirring occasionally until peas are crisp-tender and water has evaporated, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat
- Add scallops, lime juice, chili sauce and cilantro. Toss to coat. Season with salt, as desired.